Auto insurance provides broad coverage that ensures that you are covered in most situations. Whether the car you’re driving is your own, a rental car, or one that you’ve borrowed. A typical auto policy includes the following coverages:
- LIABILITY INSURANCE: Protects you and your family against claims for bodily injury or property damage caused by an auto accident in which you or your covered family members are considered responsible (or at-fault).
- UNINSURED MOTORIST: Provides bodily injury coverage for accidents caused by a hit-and-run driver or uninsured driver, which occur when you or your family members are driving a covered vehicle, or while you are a pedestrian.
- UNDERINSURED MOTORIST: Pays for damages you are legally entitled to recover from another party, when that person’s insurance is not adequate enough to cover your loss.
- MEDICAL EXPENSES: Pays medical expenses for you or members of your family if you are injured in an auto accident or as a pedestrian struck by a vehicle. This protection also covers others who are injured while riding in your vehicle.
- FULL COVERAGE: Auto insurance that is a combination of liability insurance, as well as comprehensive and collision coverage. Full coverage insurance is subject to a deductible.
- COLLISION COVERAGE: Protects you from losses resulting from damage to your auto due to collision with another object.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE: Pays for other losses to your auto, including losses caused by fire, theft, glass breakage, falling objects, natural disasters, vandalism, and other causes of loss.
ADDITIONAL COVERAGES TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR AUTO POLICY:
- RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT: Covers the expense of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired as a result of a covered loss, up to the limits of your policy.
- TOWING AND LABOR: Provides towing service for a disabled vehicle.
- AUTO LOAN / LEASE COVERAGE (GAP): In a total loss, when you have an active auto loan or lease, this coverage pays the difference between the car’s actual cash value and the amount owed to the insured’s leasing company or lender.
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE WITH AUTO POLICIES:
- Multi-policy (home, cycle, etc…)
- Paid in full
- Electronic monthly payments
- Paperless billing (online)
- Good student
- Hybrid vehicle Safety features (alarms, air-bags, etc…)
- Plus many others!
Advantage is your Des Moines Insurance agency serving Des Moines and all of Iowa’s insurance needs.